Constantly improving customers’ purchasing experience is a must for every business, especially online. Integrate 3D product configuration in your e-commerce is a key action towards this aim. Moreover, it enhances also the sales experience of the producers and retailers. Let’s discover how.
Integrate 3D configuration in your e-commerce: the benefits
Why should there be a 3D configurator in your e-commerce site?
In this way you can offer your customers a personalized, immersive and, above all, engaging shopping experience.
The customer will be able to create and view HIS product, with unique features, in real time directly online. He will have the information he is looking for on available models and prices when he wants it and, thanks to 3D viewing, even from home or on the road it will be as if he wes in the store.
Giving the opportunity to your potential buyers to experiment and play with all the variants of your product directly online is an advantage for you, manufacturer or retailer, because:
- If after the visit to the site the customer decides to finalize the purchase later in the store, there will be a considerable saving of time for the seller: the customer will in fact have clearer preferences about style or precise characteristics.
- You can collect data on favorite products and understand which ones perform best and make strategic decisions based on these statistics. You could also test new combinations and options, making them available online to all retailers, and start production only after collecting real preference data.
An online graphic configurator is not only suitable for B2C e-commerce. Even in B2B e-commerce, directly visualize products with many variants often makes the difference in the sales process.
Integrate graphic configuration in your e-commerce with DERWID
DERWID offers an online configuration suite that can be integrated with any e-commerce and ERP (e.g. Magento, SAP, Infor …): the configuration takes place live online.
The result for the customer: a 3D image in high definition in real time.
The result for the manufacturer or retailer: data and technical documents necessary for delivery and production.
The configurator is suitable for every device and browser. There are no limitations: it works on iPad as on Android, on Chrome as on Microsoft Edge, etc.
Finally, it adapts to the characteristics of any sector: from furniture to clothing, from storage to boating, without limits to the imagination.
Find out how to integrate online configuration in your e-commerce!
Ask about your project or idea to our consultants.
What does e-commerce in 2019 mean?
In the last years B2C and B2B e-commerce continues to gain importance.
To better understand the relevance of e-commerce for companies today, let’s take a picture of its current value and of the behavior of the digital shoppers.
E-commerce keeps growing
The value of e-commerce and online purchasing keeps on growing worldwide. In 2018 the only B2C e-commerce market has grown by 25% over the previous year, reaching the value of 2500 billion euros.
Considering the Europe area, in the last years online product selling has increased by 22% every year. A study from 2017 shows that 1 European out of 4 with Internet access purchased online at least once a week, more than 60% once a month and 6% buy products or services on the Internet everyday.
What are people buying online?
Not only books, consumer electronics, travels and music, but also car parts, beauty and toys, up to fast-moving consumer goods.
How do digital shoppers behave?
There are some particularly relevant trends to consider for those who deal with or approach e-commerce:
- Buyers use the internet at all stages of the purchasing process, both in the information search and in the post-purchase assistance phase.
- 10 years ago people preferred to look for information on the internet and then buy in the store. Today they also get information in the store, but then they buy online.
- E-commerce is for everyone, all age groups are involved. Online purchase is no longer oriented only by the price factor, but also by other experiential aspects such as saving time and comfort.
And the advantages for sellers?
Time savings is a decisive factor also for manufacturers and retailers who invest in online commerce: it is possible to save in terms of productivity and efficiency, for example, when customers present themselves in the store with more precise ideas after making a first online search.
Among the motivations that push companies to sell through the Internet there are in particular:
- overcoming geographical barriers: selling through e-commerce becomes a business accelerator even for those who work far from large centers,
- profiling possibilities: thanks to the data collected from site visits and online purchases, making strategic decisions becomes simpler.
To conclude this overview on the importance of electronic commerce today, it is increasingly necessary for companies to focus on a strategy to integrate traditional and online commerce, with an omnichannel view.
Thanks to a deeper integration between these different channels, consumers will have a better, but above all personalized, shopping experience. While producers and retailers will have the opportunity to learn more about their customers and consequently increase their profits.
On 29th-30th May at the Netcomm Forum 2019 in Milan you will learn more about interactive and emotional 3D configuration for your e-commerce: meet us at stand M15.